Sunday, July 09, 2023


 I haven't posted anything in almost a month mostly because I haven't arted in a month. Work's been sapping my strength, there's a new Zelda game, my sister came to visit for a week (which was very nice) and I just haven't had the spark. It happens sometimes. Generally, I don't fight it. All it does is make me unhappy when I do. Still, I'm SO close to finishing the first half of this monster comic, it does bother me when there's no forward motion at all. I did have an idea, a concept I wanted to try so today, before heading out, I did a quick and dirty. I've used some of my own photos, dumbed way down, for backgrounds, mostly in Digby's section. What if I reversed that and used my posed photos, dumbed down, adding just the head and feet of Silas? Threw this together VERY quickly but you know what? I think it works fine. It has some of the feeling of the photocopied ads I did for Zippa's chapter and, with the usual graffiti in the background, especially since I'm doing a duet and need to differentiate the characters as much as possible, I think I will give it a go. I'm hoping this doesn't mean I have to go back and redo pages, but if needs be, needs be. So yes, I'm still here.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

Progress is progress! It’s an interesting looking image, sort of has an old film look to it for me. Zelda is taking over your life! Lol
It’s acrobat time here but it’s raining so the free shows are cancelled when it’s wet. I hope I have a few dry days to take photos!