Thursday, August 02, 2007



Working more on Ghiroy, the next comic. I've been in love with the black line on white, the thick and thin inkbrush that I've used on Fite. I'm no master but I've come a long way. And there's something utterly enticiing about the tool and the ink itself. Last night, I was playing around with some comps, one of which was meant as a simply color palette test so I could get one of the character's generals down. For whatever reason, I dumped most of the black lines out and rather liked the results. So now I have to wonder if I shouldn't move the comic's style more towards this kind of thing as it's not only a departure from Fite, but because it may have a slightly more serious edge to it which would better fit the story. Hmmm...

2 comments:

DISCOGRAPHY said...

The colored look works so well, wow.

T' said...

Thanks, Chris! It's hard doing without lines.