Sunday, August 15, 2010

I got distracted yesterday by looking through an old sketchpad of mine. I came across some drawings I did for a friend of a mule character inspired by the rubber hose school of animation. So I thought to put together a simple Illustrator image for him and did. From there, I kept going, designing a mule character for no other reason than to do so. The later drawings were fleshed out by using Looney Tunes screen captures for reference. This is an amazing drawing tool as it gets me to think not only more about volume in my characters but forces me to translate and by doing so, has me make editorial choices about their very design. So, a couple days of distraction and fun for me.






3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

remember "Neil the horse"? Reminds me a lot of that comic which i loved the look of.

T' said...

I vaguely remember it. It wasn't my thing, though I recall that you and Anna really did. Arn Saba?

Behemoth media said...

thats the one, they had a 3d issue too... I might even still have the entire series, but I'm afraid to look.