Wednesday, February 16, 2011




Been working on things in the background as well as having to get a new computer and get that up to speed with the proper programs and such. Threw this together as some fan art for someone I've been following blog-wise for awhile. I love his abstract work and decided, after a recent post of his, to try my hand at a little something of his. I didn't really grasp his better sense of composition but it was fun to do. His name is Don Shank and should be followed here;

http://www.donshank.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Elephantiasis said...

I'm always set back on my heels when abstract art is done well (as here). It's so distant from the way I operate I have a hard time *thinking* in those terms.

T' said...

Thanks, you! Whenever I switch between cartoony, 'realistic' (as realistic as I get) and abstract, I can feel something shift, feel the pressure of working against whatever the current direction is. I like that. Keeps me interested. :"D It's probably a lot the same for you when you go from digital to pastel, from landscape to figure.

myminimocs said...

glad you're getting your new computer up to speed! most excellent illustration!!! will be checking out don's blog too!

T' said...

Thanks kindly! Don Shank's a pro and well worth watching.