Sunday, October 27, 2013

Needed a little therapy this morning so I did some pencilling and redesigning of the barbarian blue rabbit. I think ink and character design are the two things that get me going the most. My partner claimed that Blundt looked, "like a heroin addict" so I squatted him down a bit. Perhaps this thought came from watching Conan last night. Don't know. In any case, my drawing and inking style seem to change based on mood. The more realistic, it seems, the less good the mood. The more cartoony, the better the mood. Mostly. Hadn't noticed it before. Wonder if my color choices are reflected here, too.. -Might- do something with him. Then again, I might do something with half the stuff I created. In any case, it was good to get out the brush. Been doing too much digital stuff lately and my heart is obviously in the ink bottle.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This looks a lot like a frame from an animated project to me. I don't know why I never noticed before, but those are some big-assed ears!

T' said...

Yah, he's more jack rabbit based than the others and they have HUGE ears, likely so they can dissipate heat better.

Behemoth media said...

I was thinking if I was animating I'd have to have some sort of compensation for those ears when he moved his head. That's how I think though!