Wednesday, October 23, 2013

In response to yesterday, came home and sketched this last night after work. This morning before work, I inked and colored it. Why is he blue? No idea. And why the little red underwear? One of the things I admire most about Frazetta's work is that he had no problem attiring the men the same way he did his women. I don't know another fantasy artist that did men as alluring as he did. Is my work alluring? No, but I do like the goofiness of a warrior just wearing skivvies.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I agree, Frazetta has a way to make men and women look powerful and erotic. Even in impractically designed or little clothing. many warriors would fight naked as a sign of prowess, so why not little skies?

T' said...

Let's face it; women have been drawn this way far far more than men. And who draws them that way? Men. I don't think women artists would generally draw women so scantily dressed. I have my suspicions that men are far more show-offs than women and would generally love to just wander around like this. That's just my opinion. Regardless, Blundt thinks this is more than enough clothing. :"D

Behemoth media said...

Men are more show offs but maybe that's why we see less of them in art like this, it seems everyday in some way while with women it's "daring" somehow.