Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Haven't really drawn anything in awhile. My mom passed away and I switched jobs at the same time which meant for a lot of travel and a lot of running around and really, honestly NO time for artwork at all. I'm still in training and will be next week as well, just in time for the holiday season to really get in swing. That's a life in retail, though I have hopes that this one will be better than the last. That being said, I still have this need to draw and no time. That will change after training. I should have more time than ever before to draw. Let's hope I make the best of it. These two quickies are made with a Radio 714 nib, the same model that Charles Schulz used when making Peanuts. They're long since gone, the company having gone out of business in the 60s. I found some on eBay and took a chance. I can totally see why Schulz liked them as they're far better than the current Speedball drawing nibs, smoother than crowquill. Well, I have three. I'll just have to make them last.

EDIT: here's a color version of the rabbit. Felt good to be able to do at least that.

No comments: