Sunday, November 24, 2013

So another in this style and though I've said it before, I think we have a winner. This is 'pinball style' because it was inspired by old pinball machine art of which I'm quite fond. I think it has the right blend of cartooniness and animation, still remains 'mine,' and is appealing. I lengthened torsos from the last version, made them a little less angular, removed some outlining in places like hair and belts. This one feels most 'right' of any of the styles I've chosen thus far. It is labor intensive, though; the outlines took a long while as they all have to be done by hand. I don't think inking them would work as it would look too organic, something I generally really like. In today's animation, though, the line work is obviously done in vectors, and I don't see a reason to hide this fact. I still love my ink but this comic needs a different approach. As for the sketching step, that comes relatively easily and since they're such simple shapes, they're easier to pose. So that's my store and I'm sticking to it... for now.

2 comments:

T Rogan said...

Very nice! I like the shapes and the line weight here. Even the simple background fits nicely ^^

T' said...

Thanks, Joe!