Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I don't usually post photos though I really like to take them. Because of the loss of my mom, I hadn't gone through the images I'd taken during our cruise down the Danube last year til now. As it is, I think I have some pretty nice photos in there. I seem to like to get caught up in the details, very much interested in the little parts that make up a place. Italy was great for this as there were hitching rings, interesting doors, doorknobs, windows and gargoyles all over the place. The light in eastern Europe was totally amazing; but for one day, the sky was a nearly cloudless deep deep blue. It made a great backdrop for the amazing sculpture and architecture that was pretty much everywhere. These are just a few of the images I chose that will make up a photo book.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

well my comment never posted for some reason.... great photos, I especially love the last one with the close up of the fountain. Making a book is a great idea... it helps you really organize your trip in a way you wouldn't otherwise and also process some emotions you might not otherwise. Plus, a pig in armour!

T' said...

Thanks, Vince. I pretty much organized the book chronologically. I don't add a lot of text to these, just a little to describe where I was and sometimes quotes from the journal I kept at the time.

Behemoth media said...

That sounds fantastic, my Prague book had lots of text at the start of each sectionas did my Paris trip book mostly from wikipedia and tourist info.