Thursday, April 30, 2015

I've been watching and surrounding my thoughts with an independent production out of Denmark called "Tales from Alethrion." These folks really have it all together in my opinion. Link to their Kickstarter right here. Their first film, "The Reward," was a successful KS project and now they want to do a web series. I love their mix of anime, European and even a little American styles, I like their characters, their world and really, just about everything about what they're doing. I want them to stay independent and I want them to succeed. That being said, as is often the case, when I see something I like, I tend to want to play in that sandbox if even for a little while. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it gets me to think about my approach, flexes my skills and allows me to experiment. Bad because it causes me to doubt my way and my own work. Regardless, as I was sick over the weekend, I didn't draw anything for awhile so when I was well enough, I drew some stuff in their style to play around. Now I'm done. I have to keep focus. And really, I DO like the style I came up with for Ghiroy. This was fun, though. And I can see where there's a lot more room for expression in the way they draw things than, perhaps, the style I've chosen. So we'll see.

No comments: