Friday, September 04, 2015

Another one of these, this time with the elf. I think he kind of looks like Iggy Pop. I might want to do more with exaggeration of the body with him though I think he makes a decent counter to Crow's broader, squatter build. I -think- I can sustain this style for a comic. It means a lot more drawing and surety of anatomy, which I don't really have. I've received a few compliments from artistic folk, which kind of surprised me. If I can do this, I will also have to be careful of things like proportion. For some reason, I tend to draw Mikilo's legs too short, as can be seen here between the pencil drawing and the finished one. Illustrator is my inking stage, so I have no trouble making corrections along the way.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

Got back from my Vermont bike trip today but i saw this while I was there and planned to comment that he looked like Iggy Pop! Beat me to it!