Thursday, July 13, 2017

No scans or sketches for this one because I decided, for some fool reason, to take a lot of footage of me putting this page together. I'm planning on calling the video, "How Not to Make Comics." I'm only half serious about that title. I honestly don't think this is a process I would recommend to anyone else. That doesn't make it wrong, it's just kind of backwards from how it's generally done. Since I do a lot of teaching these days, I've been itching to do this kind of thing and this time thought to turn the recorder on while starting to make the page. Also took some footage of me inking pieces. I plan to add it all together in Final Cut Pro, do some narration and presentation and try and make the whole mess come in under 15 minutes. We'll see. This page is kind of complex. I rather like it because of that. It's starting to set the style for the rest of the comic and is also making things feel more lived in and messy, unlike the nice, above-it-all view we had in the opening pages. Everything's neat and clean til you start looking really closely, right? Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this one. Page 6. Only 180 or so to go.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

That a great idea! We will make a documentary film maker of you yet! I have done nothing but work on photos from my trip and I really have to get going on my next animation so you are getting more done than me these days!

T' said...

Heh, don't want to be a documentary filmmaker! Too much work! We'll see on this one. Technically, I've done it before with those inking demos. This is just a little more inclusive.