Thursday, March 22, 2018

Another page down. Had a lot of fun doing the tagging on the iPad and Procreate. The way that SuperVectorizer makes that stuff into vectors is a perfect blend between a bitmap and vector, to my eye, giving just enough of an organic feel without making the stuff stand out. Don't know how I would do this comic without that combination. This is the first page that really feels like what I want most of the comic to feel like. The graffiti isn't mean to follow forms; I'm trying to emphasize the feeling of how it can take over an environment and disregarding perspective and planes is the way for me. Later on, there will be points where whatever background color should be there simply isn't and all is more or less defined by what's written over it. It's going to be a hard balance to keep, as this one was but worth it.

Shoutouts here to some of my previous aliases, including my old graffiti 'handles,' The Black Graphite and SFX. These are from high school where a group of us pretty much invented trolling and message boards, we just did it on the bathroom walls. So I guess I get credit for vandalism for that stuff? Also there's 'Kamen,' my first artist nom de plume and finally, Max, my best friend. Don't want to overdo this kind of thing. Other characters will get their say.

No comments: