Thursday, July 26, 2018

Haven't been doing many work demos lately and, if I have to be honest, I'm getting a little bored doing them. While I really like it when folks come over and I can talk to them about making art on the iPad, I often am at a loss as to what to draw. I can't really do MY work because, well, that's not the time for it. Hadn't done a Rembrandt in awhile, and he's always a challenge. So I found a self portrait of his I liked and worked on that. You can't really replicate the painting because there's so much texture in his paint. The best you can do is approximate. I didn't get nearly the richness of color I wanted, but we're still talking less than an hour. The second one came because I was feeling done with the first and wanted to go in a different direction. It was fun and if it were a real painting, it would make me smile. I haven't messed about with the primaries in too long. That used to be my thing. We all branch out.

No comments: