Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Took some time to enter a little contest. "Tales of Alethrion" is a web animation series I helped kickstart a few years ago. They're trying for a season two the same way, and I certainly hope they make it. In any case, they started a character design contest where you could try posting a pair of characters that, if you won and if they make it to season two, would show up in the show. So I repurposed Digby, mashing him up with the early design of Crow from "Ghiroy," gave him Mikilo as a partner in crime, giving the elf blue skin and Estarion's beard and tried out a version of the style they use for the cartoon. The style was surprisingly fun to draw in. Like I need another one of those. Still, Procreate to the rescue again. Here's hoping.

5 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Good luck!

T' said...

Thanks. They weren't impressed.

Vincent-louis Apruzzese said...

I am fairly convinced that pretty much all contests are decided long before anyone enters. Maybe that is cynical, but the winners always seem to be people with connections.

T' said...

It hasn't been decided and I really don't think it's rigged. My work just doesn't appeal. I'm used to it.

Behemoth media said...

Rigged might be the wrong word. I just noticed in many cases I was involved in, the winners were known to the deciders or the place putting on the competition. Sometimes not personally, but they knew of their work well in advance and had familiarity with it in some way. I knew a guy in Boston who won a HUGE grant after he made his presence known more forcefully in that sector of the art world. Like I said I can pretty cynical about these things sometimes! Many of my early film awards here in Canada were because it was a festival where few people entered and it moved me up there on the list.