Monday, May 27, 2019

Used my Memorial Day fairly well. Started off cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, which doesn't need images. Then I sat down and started and finished another Ghiroy page. Then I napped. Played some Zelda, made dinner and am now writing this. The comic's coming along. I wish it could go even faster. I only feel this way as I recently watched a fantasy cartoon series on Netflix, got through the whole first season in two days, and wished I had an 'instant' story like that. Yes, I know that a whole group of people worked for years to make that, it's just there's this pressure to have something in a huge chunk RIGHT NOW these days. I'm not sure an audience is patient enough for bits and pieces. There's enough evidence of this in the comics world. Hell, that's how I read my comics. An issue at a time is for chumps. When did we become so greedy? I'm just as guilty as anyone else. But I want a whole story, not a piece of it and I'm sure anyone I'd want to read this or any comic by me would want the same thing. So I get it. And, as fast as I can be with Ghiroy, I can't be fast enough. Maybe around page 100 or so, I'll get some attention. Only 90 pages to go to reach that milestone. :"D

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I spent Monday working for the magazine (not a holiday here!)... 4 days this time. At my rate of pay there it will only take.... 3 years to pay for my new computer.

You are moving along quickly with this iteration, I think as long as you don't get too sidetracked it will go pretty quickly to 100 pages... if you can do a page in a day that's a 100 days, a little over 3 months if you didn't have interruptions. So in 5 months maybe 100 pages and in a year 200 pages!

T' said...

Well, as much as I know you don't like it, I hope the magazine and other work keep coming your way. Believe me, I know what it's like to suddenly have to drop a chunk of change for a piece of equipment. My eye surgery was covered, meaning I only had to drop lots of money. No idea what it really cost, but I think I could have bought a pretty nice car with that money. As for the comic, I'm just impatient. And, oddly, D+D seems to be really popular right now, so I wouldn't mind a bit of that attention. We'll see.

Behemoth media said...

It's true! there are sorts of books about D&D and it's various incarnations! It seems more popular than ever... or more acceptable than ever at least!