Thursday, September 12, 2019

I've wanted to do this for a long time; go and get real paint, canvas and do something abstract and big. This isn't done but I had to stop to let it dry as all I was doing was making everything grey. Black and white house paint on canvas, roughly 28x56? Not sure. It's fun, daunting and awkward at the same time. No undo. Messy. I don't really have a proper studio for this, it's just the garage which is fine for now but in as little as a month won't be suitable. It was hard getting into the movement, getting what I wanted and I didn't think I even liked it all that much until I left it alone and walked away. Now, it's growing on me, showing me some of that graffiti-vibe I was hoping for. SO different from digital. Not better, worse, just different. Will take more photos when I've done more. Oh, and my drips are real, not added for effect.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This looks alot like the work of my ex Tobias Blaine Allen. We had a studio and working there with him made me appreciate abstract work much better. He was dipping paint but also using a transparent plastic mic you use to protect countertops that was sometime ½ inch thick. i should send you some of his stuff to show you when i get back from Vermont this weekend.

T' said...

I'd love to see it. I really like black on white, black and white films and simple letter forms. I'm trying, I think to make paintings that look like this but don't mean anything in particular.