Friday, February 21, 2020

Sigh. Ghiroy is a constant problem for me. I THINK it could be something, especially since D&D is kind of huge these days. What this comic needs to be is appealing, simple and easy to produce. So far, I've not had any of those things. Today, I took ten minutes before work and just doodled the main characters on the backside of another sketch. Things came easily and are relatively appealing. There's a Disney quality to them I'm not totally proud of but mainstream isn't so bad a thing to aim for if I'm trying to get people to read the damned comic. I really feel for anyone that's given Ghiroy a try; I am a TERRIBLE cartoonist when it comes to consistency.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

I still see more you than Disney in these. As I have said, your problem is each iteration is good another no "right choice" at least artistically. It is so hard ot figure out what will hit people strong enough that they jump on board with something. Stick figures can do it... look at South Park - hardly high art but they certain;y resonated with people. You know the drill.... just keep going and hoping something sticks!