Friday, June 19, 2020

Changes. Had some comments that allowed me to finally see that this sequence wasn't reading well at all; the text and intent were just too vague. So I added a couple pages, isolating the text and leaving the billboards blank. I also removed some of the detail from the billboard as it wasn't adding anything to the image and was taking away from the fact that they're supposed to look empty. So, lesson learned. I also went back and changed the background of the page previous to these to add a transition that was sorely needed. Saddest part about this is that, prior to these five pages, the last time I worked on this comic was last august.

5 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This does look and work better overall so good on you for making the changes to improve it. This might be taking along time but I have never even started a comic.. i don't think the Happy Houseboat really counts and they were decades ago!

T' said...

You never know what project you did, even just for a giggle, might stick with you and become something later on. Comics are long term, yes and I still don't know if I have the dedication to finish. But there's passion there and I needs to come out.

Behemoth media said...

Sometimes just keep working on something when the inspiration hits you is enough to make it worthwhile. Even if you don't finish, I'd say this is giving you some ideas and skills that will go into other things down the line.

T' said...

I just realized I left a verse out. I SWEAR I can't actually finish a page!

Behemoth media said...

Of Course you did! LOL
I know how you feel. With Cask I was watching it one more time before doing the subtitles and one shot had clicks from something louder than the character speaking... I had never noticed it during the sound edit, the animation, the post production or the editing. Another shot had the wrong source material for the image and was all pixelated... never saw that either! I think I was seeing (and hearing) it how I thought it was because I was spending so much time on it!