Friday, July 31, 2020

City Silent cont'd...



It's been awhile. My computer recently decided that six years was enough time to pass and that it would now like to have a major problem, please. To that end, the hard drive failed and had to be replaced. I had two backups so restoring wasn't a big deal. Still was without the machine for a week and I missed it.

Since releasing the last chapter of "The City Silent," and my book on portraits on my Gumroad store, and the nearly total lack of interest, I supposed I've succumbed to depression a little. I haven't felt the spark to draw much of anything. Today, I really had no reason NOT to try and draw something. So I pulled out the next song in the list, took a look at it and managed to get the whole page done. It's the track card, acting as a transition between the last song and the next. I knew I wanted it to be a lot less stiff, a lot less referential. Silas is mad at his departing muse and is about to throw a tantrum. So I need for this track to be more emotional. Using thicker, more textured lines will, I hope, help out with this.

I still maintain that I'm not a cartoonist. Certainly not a successful one. This isn't comics, it must be something else.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This one is pretty trippy! Cartoonist or not, you make great stuff... rather they are cartoons or not. There is a lot to be depressed about these days, both from inside and outside but drawing and making stuff can help with that. I think so anyway.

T' said...

Thanks, Vince. I still want to finish this some day. This will be the end of the first act of which there are five. So there's still a lot to go. When this act is done, I'm going to go over all the pages that make it up, edit, re-draw until I'm happy with it. The original goal was to finish it before I was 60. Not sure I'm going to make it. :D I really appreciate your looking at and commenting on my stuff.

Behemoth media said...

I appreciate seeing it! Makes me think I am not the only person doing stuff out there. I am guessing this will e done before you are 60! It will bug you until it's finished, art has a way of getting you to make it!