Friday, June 19, 2015

Haven't done a new t-shirt in a long while. A LONG while. Decided I wanted one of the skater mice, so chose one of the more recent images I liked, fixed it up and sent it off. We'll see how it looks and if I like it, it'll go live. I've never received any money from RedBubble, which means that I haven't made enough for them to send me a check. I order all my own shirts because I like them, so there's that. Also, I've let Smatt's Odyssey sit unfinished for too long, so I was doing a page of mice yesterday to try and get in the mindset of drawing them. This isn't a comic with much of a story to it, just another illustration of the apathy of the day. It's 14 pages so far, which is the longest thing since C+C's comic a couple years ago. And it's a different aesthetic. So it's work worth doing.

Had lunch with an old friend in Canada last week. He's since had a look at one of my older short stories, "Sound and Fury," and while he was somewhat complimentary, he thought it was too short, that there was at least a little more to Joe than I'd done. He's not a fan of the animal people and in this case, I agree with him. Joe doesn't really benefit by being an otter, and I don't think the average person would get that anyway. Is there more to him? Don't know. Tom thought I needed to commit more to him and flesh out the story or rather he wondered why I hadn't. I meant it as a snapshot, something quick, a glimpse of a lost young man. Maybe there is more there. Have to redesign him if there is, or something. Still, it's nice to have someone IN the biz give me a different perspective. I get so few (thanks, Vince!).

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

thank -you! I am so happy with my new artwork and I got the book you recommended right away! Good to see you drawing again!