Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Got the test prints back from the printer yesterday and they're delicious. What I mean is that the quality of the print job is amazing. They look like screen prints. I got them made at 16x20 which is four times the original size. Usually when you blow something up, it gets weird, jagged or the level of detail doesn't match. This time, I think it works fine. I don't think the final image would have really benefitted from being drawn at full size, either and that might be a product of having been turned into vectors. I think I might continue to make prints like this, in very limited editions at this size. Seeing work like this is a totally different experience than looking at it on screen. While I made small prints of earlier works, the larger size makes quite a difference. I'm dying to see the Tokyo print like this as that one's even more detailed. They're not entirely unlike paintings, in a way. I think I won't make more than 10 of each one, maybe fewer of those that aren't as 'appealing.' The Picnic one kind of had a built in audience. Others will be harder to sell. We'll see.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

so.... how much?

T' said...

How much did it cost me, or how much am I selling them (hopefully) for?