Thursday, October 31, 2019

Haven't done a portrait in too long. I took some reference photos while in Boston, some snuck during lunch with my old boss, Tony Davis. Did something a little different with this; it's in very subdued colors, mostly blue-greys but then threw a layer of bright blue to bring up the overall contrast and tint it. Then went back and accentuated some things in the shirt. The hard part is to stop before it gets overworked. Might have gone half a step too far. But I am happy with it. Wanted it to have a kind of jazzy feel, as Tony is that kind of guy. We'll see what he says.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I knew it was him immediately! He will love it!

T' said...

He seemed to like it. He said he knew I was taking photos. If he did, he never batted an eye. I'm sure he didn't know why.

Behemoth media said...

He was probably just thinking whatever it is, Its Mr wig doing it so it's likely OK. :)