Tuesday, October 01, 2019

These are the final photos of cosplay this year at the local Renaissance Faire. That's me as Basher, the friendly orc that hands out treasures to kids and poses for photos. There's one in there with my partner, Corso. The armor is real and heavy. In the rain? Heavier and stinkier. The last day of the faire had pouring skies and we loved it, had a great time. People weren't leaving and kids that were sad were made just a little happier when the scary green guys handed them some trinkets and or took a photo with them. In one, Basher is pretending that he's friends with a mermaid. My favorite is the center one, taken in the parking lot just before we shucked the wet armor and went home. It was a great day and a lot of fun. That armor, 50-60 pounds and that mask, a full head, silicone job weigh a lot. It's still a good time and we had a lot of people tell us that they remembered us from previous years and/or show us photos from before. Very glad we did it and also glad it's over for the year. Wish it was cooler all around, but it's a blast. See you next year, Basher.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I can't imagine trying to wash and clean all that stuff out, especially after the rain! I wore so much makeup when I was younger, as you well know from when we worked together, I just can't even get interested in doing a halloween costume anymore. Never mind anything this involved!

T' said...

Wash and clean? Hell no! That's hard earned dirt! Seriously, we just let the stuff dry. Didn't bother the deer, goat, ox and coyote when they got wet! I wonder how much longer I'll be able to do this particular thing as that stuff is HEAVY and I am in my mid-50s. Still, as long as I can!

Behemoth media said...

I have it on very good authority that the goat was VERY put out by getting wet!