Thursday, October 01, 2020








 
Inktober. It's a thing and each year, I think about doing something for it and each year, I do less and less. This year, I did pull out brushes and ink but the attempt left me flat. I might have actually lost my touch for it, which is a shame. On the other hand, I can do so much more and get so much better results on the iPad, I don't know if I mind so much. The top image is a pencil drawing of young Greg Brady. I took a photo of it and inked it with a few new ink brushes I got from a nice, big, fat mega-pack. This guy starts off with tons of brushes and you get free updates for life (https://www.georgbrush.club). One of the updates was a whole folder of Japanese ink brushes. So I inked Greg a few times with different brushes then took on one of my recent Silas drawings with another. And they are all a lot better than what I did by hand today. So...ink's not dead, but I'm far more productive with this tool.

4 comments:

Behemoth media said...

It sort of like if Greg Brady was crossed with Kafka... I approve! Everything should be crossed with Kakfka!

T' said...

Heh! I'm trying to think; did I draw Kafka once? Or just Salinger?

Behemoth media said...

I don't remember a Kafka... K was thinking I might though!

Behemoth media said...

I don't what I wrote... I was thinking I might do one...
I hate being dyslexic and autocorrect does not help!