Monday, May 16, 2022








 Spent this morning with the big, chonk sketch of Ricci, trying out different approaches. The top version is using the usual pen I use for inking stuff. The second is a more traditional style, one I used to use but haven't since I switched to digital inking. The third was just using another, textured brush. There's something to say about all three, but I think the traditional one is the least interesting. I also did a straight to vector version (the bottom one) to see how that would look as it's the approach the current track started with. And last, I vectorized all three inked versions and laid them atop the vectored version. Again, I think the more traditional is the least interesting, and I like the way the lines and colors don't quite match. Colors aren't necessarily those I'd choose, though I think Ricci's track will have a more limited color palette than did Digby's. I hate having to spend so much time on this sort of thing while not getting pages done, but it's important to have some kind of approach. I plan so little as it is.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I go away for a few days and you gt all super productive! These remind me of "Fite!" in some ways, am I wrong to think that? Maybe it's just the boxer thing.

T' said...

Well, Ricci was Lucco's opponent in the ring. He even had his own short section and it was he, not Lucco who met Tamino. Let's say he's a little older and a little...larger. :D

Behemoth media said...

I remembered something! it's rare these days! I will have to read Fite! again when I get the chance.