Monday, February 05, 2024


 First off, one complaint about Procreate; I wish the last brush selected wasn't a global thing but a document thing so I could figure out which goddamned brush I'd used for something in the past. Oh well...

Haven't done a Harlon in a long while. But an article today about how Zuckerburg, one of the worst humans in charge of anything at this particular point of history has decided that all posts made to "Meta" sites belong to Meta so that he can shovel everything we've shard into his giant AI monstrosity just really got to me. My audience is already tiny. Very tiny. And now he's saying that any time I reached out, tried to connect with one of my fellow human beings, that reach is just food for his big ol' AI which will then spew out content that takes the place of the things I was making in the first place. So now I'll have no audience but my art will be part of an amalgam that does. Gee, thanks. Tell me again why AI is such a great idea? It makes me equal parts angry and depressed and there's SHIT I can do about it. Except keep on keeping on, doing it for me, hearing the echoes diminish until I'm done. I guess. This is the most depressing Harlon ever but hey, I discovered and even more depressing one on my iPad that I never finished. So there's that. Fuck the Zuck. And the Beez. And most of all, the Musk.

5 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I felt bad "liking" this in Facebook, I like the art not what is going on in it. I thought Meta was doing that stuff all along. I suppose the year on Instagram I tried out is part of that database now too. AI has always been a trojan horse to get people to give out more information for them to cash in on. Sigh.

T' said...

I didn't think you were ever on Facebook.

Behemoth media said...

Just instagram, which meta owns, so i think they will have access to all that as well. One reason i was reluctant to go on instagram was facebook/ meta owns it. I meant to write flickr… i might have who knows with autocorrect!

T' said...

I know they own Instagram. Which is the worst for me as I don't share much art on FB, but that's all Instagram is for. I follow and enjoy too many artists there to leave and generally have a good experience. Weirdly, Flckr, overall the least popular of the social media I use suggests that I get the most traction there. At the least, it's a good organizational tool for me.

Behemoth media said...

I get a lot of looks on flickr, for me anyway. Most of my stuff there is 100 looks or more now but i dont get any comments and if i try to promote my acrobat book or one of my animations, the post might get over 100 looks but no one looks at the film or buys the book. I suppose its nice some of the stuff gets a lot of looks but without even likes or other interaction I am not sure it tells me anything. I think last we spoke i mentioned the photos i think i am proud of often get the least attention which is demoralizing in its own way.