Saturday, March 02, 2024


 Well, that was a quick month. I just haven't been able to get myself to draw much of anything. Part of that is because I made two trips to Boston, which were great. Part is because of the growing weight of AI, knowing that it's meant to crush the creative folks, a direct attack from the corporate world. Gods, I hate it. While in Boston, I got to see Patton Oswalt. And, seeing the opportunity, especially as I was so close to the stage, I took some photos in hopes I could turn something into a portrait. And so I've started. This will be either a full body or a 3/4, I haven't decided. I want to do more with gesture and to back up a bit, if I can capture the subject in a natural pose. I think I managed with Patton. Thing is, if it's anything like the 3/4 one I did of myself, the head's going to be a lot more detailed than the body. As such, it makes sense to do the head separately and add it to the body when done. Trust me, it does. So here's a WIP of the head. I can already note a couple of changes I have to make. That being said, I think it's coming along well enough. Those facial lines on the left, thicker because of shadows, have to be thinned out as they just look weighty. And the highlights might need lightening, too. But at least I'm creating again.

No comments: