Monday, March 04, 2024


 This is another piece from a photo I took of Patton Oswalt when I saw him in Boston. It's a common pose for him as he simply can't face the stupidity of the modern world. If you don't know him, I guess it could come off as anguish. I tried something 'clever,' in that I simply erased anywhere there was shadows and let the background show through. I'm not sure it works on that right side arm. I'll have to sleep on it and see. Tried to do more of my own drawing style in this one and I do like how that comes off, especially in the hand. Not final.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

A lot of emotion in this! The knuckle on his ring finger looks like an eye and it's the right place for an eye which gives it a little surreal aspect to me!

T' said...

I totally didn't see that! Totally didn't plan that. Neither did Patton. Went to work on the drawing for this a little before work and...iPad at 11%. Oh well. :D

Behemoth media said...

iPads are great but not seeing the art 100% all the time has its downsides! I ned to draw more on my drawing table with the iPad, I end up doing it on the couch and am constantly accidentally slipping with the pen or closing the project somehow.