Thursday, July 11, 2024



 Finally got a chance to work on the next and possibly last page of this track. Initially, I was planning on doing either some direct vectorizing of a reference photo or doing a lot of tracing as it's a complex background. Then I decided to just draw it freehand, letting things be wonky. As I went along, I added less and less detail, trying to think of things more as shapes, as paint strokes and less as lines and details. Thing came together a lot more quickly. I do admit to some very rough tracing of the fire escape as it was just too damned complex. Just had enough time to get all the layers transferred, vectorized and an initial color pass done. Then I slapped on the full Tamino painting and adjusted it for perspective. There is no way I could have done this half as well in the 'old days' of pencil and t-square (though I did use a t-square a little on the sketch). I just hope I've left enough room for all the other graffiti that has to go in here, Silas and his text. Well, we'll see. Somehow, I'll manage.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I had to look back on some other of your recent stuff to see how wonky this might be. It doesn’t seem wonky at all, in fact it all looks pretty harmonious with the of the stuff to me. Its part of your talent that it all comes together in the end no matter what road you took to get there.

T' said...

Very kind of you to say. Don't know that it's talent or just that I keep pushing and poking until things fit. Probably more of the latter than the former.

Behemoth media said...

I think poking and pushing is what talent is!