Thursday, October 17, 2024


 More work on this tonight. It is very slow going as the level of detail and the number of layers is a bit daunting. That being said, there is a very important part of this image that I think is going to be the most difficult to work out, and that's the woman seated on the left third. I need to convey a sense of mystery about her, make her be more or less the focal point without letting Harvard hog the show. I'm also trying to do something that doesn't generally work in art and that's make the brightest parts recede into the background. Right now, I think she's a little dark but at least I got her in there to see. Also changed some colors a bit, brought in the trees and part of the fence and gate of the yard. This is easily as nuts as a piece I did a few years ago called "The Red Shoes," which was also along Mass Ave near the Yard.


Or even, the one I did of Marcel and Digby in Tokyo:


Those both took months. Well, I guess so is this one. This is why I don't do landscapes; they take forever.

No comments: