Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Here's the finished Crawford and Cromwell story. The anthology I was making it for was sadly canceled. I had a LOT of fun making this and think it has some of my best work in it over all. Made a lot of characters for it, tried to keep things very lively and full of as much action as I could. There are little hidden bits just for me as I like, including a cameo by characters from Tamino and Fite. I even managed to get some females in there, something I'm still not good at drawing. While I'm sorry this didn't see print, I have no regrets as making it was a really good exercise and learning experience. Short work shouldn't be overlooked, at least by me. It allows me to do things and experiment without having to go out of control.

4 comments:

Behemoth media said...

image 12 is my all time favourite , wow that alone would make a great framed image!

T' said...

Thanks, Vince! That's Pendergast, Pug in Boots. :"D

Anonymous said...

I really like the image with Pendergast on the trombone! Really gives a great sense of visual music. Poor Crawford in the last panel, though. He about to get tagged?

This whole piece is really great. Glad you finally put the whole thing up!

Only complaint is that the text of the skater-mice's dialogue is a little hard to read. Of course, maybe that's the point; these are people whose language is supposed to be alien to us, and Crawford.

--- Max

T' said...

Hey, thanks Max! Pendergast seems to be a favorite. I like the little old cat on the bus. :"D The skater-mice dialogue is indeed meant to be tough to parse, though I had to tone it down a LOT from the style of most graffiti which I can't read either. I've been itching to post this but only got the word that the anthology was officially canceled a couple of days ago.