Thursday, June 27, 2013

Nothing big, just an icon I was asked to make to represent myself for an online project. While I'm waiting for Apple to get back to me and verify my iTunes account for selling, I'm sitting on the finished Tamino comic. I'm itching to finally make it available to folks. I really should be looking into the horrors of formatting the comic for the Kindle, but I haven't felt like it yet. Was going to do it for the Nook but with the recent announcements, why bother? Man, as usual, B+N seems to be handling their Nook publicity pretty badly. Case in point? My mom, who knows little about these things and therefore represents a good deal of the population said to me tonight, "So, Barnes and Noble is dropping that Nook, huh?" Sigh. It probably will mean something like that soon, but if that's what people think there is going to be a huge amount of returns at work. And we won't be able to sell one to save our lives. Hope I don't get stuck at the digital counter...

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

well I will be buying a copy… I hope you do Fite as well! I have a sony reeder a friend gave me when he got a KOBO and it's still pretty useful and easier to read on than the iPad so you might not get many returns even if they do stop making them. As for formatting a comic for Kindle… really? that can be done without throwing one's self over a cliff before it's done?

T' said...

As it turns out, while making the iBook was easy enough, getting the whole package done and uploaded to Apple is a real pain in the ass. There's apparently some unknown issue and they don't work weekends, so now I wait some more. I haven't looked into the Kindle yet, but I haven't heard good things. I've been working a little with Fite and will have it and Harlon up on iTunes as there's really no reason not to. Thanks!