Sunday, December 01, 2013

Just some morning warmup with Joe. This is a personal character not because he represents me but more because I continue to draw him in the face of general apathy. "Sound and Fury" is a favorite of my own stories as I think it really represents a subset of today's youth. Joe doesn't reach very far or try very hard. He's sort of awash in the middle somewhere, a part which is akin to me. He's a decent guy, but unremarkable. He's the friend you only later realize is there in the group. He's not totally forgotten; he is included though usually because he's with someone else. He works in retail or perhaps food service. He might make it into an office someday, though he won't rise very far. He's kind of a sad character I suppose yet reflective, I think of a lot of people. I like him but he's his own worst enemy.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

you are a drawing maniac these days…
the fingers and shading are really well done in these and gives them depth.

T' said...

Thanks, Vince! Dunno what you mean about a maniac...

Behemoth media said...

you've been drawing a lot, or at least posting a lot in rapid succession recently. By my standards anyway… it takes me 1 or 2 weeks for each drawing… or more!