Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ok, so this is indeed a somewhat unpleasant image. It's the same as the original, though pulled back a little. The point of him being on the can while playing the Nintendo is to really show isolation, escape and as mundane an activity as possible at the same time. Everything he's doing here is meant to show a lack of reaching out, of dealing with the world pretty much on every level. Thick and thin metaphor I don't really expect people to get (which is not to say that I'm particularly clever). This whole comic is based on things I've gone through in one way or another, except page 4. No girl's ever directly asked me out like that. Anyway, this is the last page without text. Today I decided on how the various bits of text will appear, so that's a job for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

it might be a little graphic, but i wouldn't say it's unpleasant. everyone does it after all. If he was wiping his butt, that might go over the line though!