Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Page 18. This is kind of a milestone for me as this comic now exceeds the length of the last comic I made. Since I haven't had a long form project since Tamino, and as I can now see fairly far ahead for this one, it feels pretty good. The fun part is that I still don't know where it'll end up though I'm starting to get hints of that as well. So far, whenever I'm set to do a new page, I look at the ones that proceed it and just visualize things. Then I start drawing. So far, there's been no thumbnails or sketching other than occasional pin up stuff. This is probably the worst way to make comics, at least for most people. Seems to work ok for me. Planning is, honestly, dull. I mean, sure, filling in the details and all that, but I just spent five years trying to make a comic using that tried and true method and I got nowhere. I started this based on nothing at all, and I'm 18 pages in. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, some of those names he lists are kinda familiar . . . can't think where I've heard them . . . .

Max

T' said...

Oh, you know most of them since you're responsible for most of them! Brian was Dan's game, Dazahn was the 'real' name of your FAVORITE cohort, Kamen Kyote, Nick and Joseph were Andy's game. All the best ones come from you, though.