Thursday, July 03, 2014

Six pages in and I think I've finally found my next long term project. It came out of nowhere, or out of nowhere as anything does. It will be called "Ghiroy," which is a name I was going to use for a comic that never came around and which is my spelling of the Russian word for 'hero.' I'm making NO plans for this at all, no sketches, thumbnails or scripts. I think with the other attempts at comics, I was trying too hard, trying to do something in a way I don't tend to work and trying to hard to make myself do something against my own flow. Will this be successful? Who knows? I'm not projecting things ahead, I'm just trying to take it one page at a time. I've already had some things suggest themselves to me and I do have a direction of sorts. This is how I worked with Fite and Tamino. Harlon was autobiographical, so I had real life incidents to use as my script, but even that wasn't planned ahead. Each strip was done in one sitting, one a day. So perhaps this is me, this is how I have to put things together, to trust in my head and what's buried there and that, somehow, in the end, it will all make sense. I guess we'll all see.

No comments: