Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Page 19. Another sign that this is the thing I should be working on is that ideas are starting to roll in, almost too fast for me to catch up with them. There's just a couple more things I have to crowbar into the current sequence and then Ghiroy can 'wake up,' though even that will come into question. While before I was using more British and French style middle ages type stuff for reference, I think I'll likely use a lot of the photos I took in Italy instead. Great architecture and not the usual Tudor style stuff. And really, that's how I always imagined D+D towns to be; small, walled villages on tops of hills. On top of this, I get to use my own photos which makes me feel better about it all, as usually I have to lean on others' work.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

using your own photos is really inspiring. My Lovecraft animation took a huge step forward because of my trip to prague. I actually saw with my own eyes how streets with overpasses between buildings were set up and used textures made from photos I took of the cobblestones roads there.