Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Page 16. This is just the beginning of what will be chunk of the comic that deals with my aversion to violence while living with it in popular culture as well. Can you have a hero story without it? I don't know. I don't think so. But I really hate violence. Even as I mash that 'B' button, I'm cringing somewhat inside. I can't deny that we're a violent species at heart. In real life, I know there are plenty of ways around it. It's just that violence is at the heart of nearly every kind of our stories. Even love stories often have violent moments. So we'll soon see that while Ghiroy has access to a sword, it doesn't mean that he HAS a sword...

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

I think you can.. the thing being conquered or overcome can be nature, an event... not always killing an adversary. That said, we are so programmed to violence as part of these stories it would take some heavy thinking to get around it!