Thursday, December 18, 2014

Been looking at Jack Davis' ink work and have been thinking about adding some texture/shading to my own stuff, something I really don't do or haven't done. This was a first attempt. Sadly, when shrunk, it gets muddy so it's hard to see. I'm not sure I like it for this application, either, though it has some possibilities. It makes for a much 'dirtier' drawing, I think, so I'd have to adjust the subject matter to go along with it. But his work for EC, in its original, pre-colored form just amazes me. So, this.

4 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I would say you aren't quite there yet, but when I saw this in my feed I immediately thought EC, so you are well on the way. I does add something to your work we haven't really seen before.

T' said...

No, not there yet at all but it's my first try. And really, the cross hatching looks better without the color. But it was fun to do. :"D

Behemoth media said...

I like the colour with it... it gives it something. I should be able to start drawing again in a day or two!

T' said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with!