Friday, July 31, 2015

Cast update image. I've been working on the comic in the background (mostly in my head) which has been a slow moving process, I admit. That being said, I think it will be a stronger story because of some time spent with and away from it. One of the big changes is the coloring for Mikilo. The reason for this is that the world the other characters is on is foreign to them. There are elements of magical space travel in the story and I wanted to differentiate one race from another more than just with words. Since I planned for the flora and fauna to be wildly different from what we know, and planned to had odd colors I finally decided that Miki's usual coloration made no sense. It sets him apart from the other two and allows them to stand out from him a bit more. There's also a hint of maturity in these versions that's missing from some of the earlier ones, I think though everything still feels cartoony, which is something I want. Hopefully, this will allow me to move a bit forward. I could use that kind of push.

No comments: