Friday, July 31, 2015

Just got this back from Apple; it's the 'definitive' version of Tamino done as I always meant it to be. The paper is heavy and glossy, the colors deep, the blacks super black. The comic was always drawn with the idea of four pages shown at a time, and in this format, I was able to do so. There's no extra stuff in here, no behind the scenes, just the comic. And that's fine. This version cost me over $100 so there's no way to ever print them this way for sale, and really, who would buy it? It was worth doing if just to have the one copy of the comic that I can look at and know was done 'right.'

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

My "official" hardcover about Copps Hill buying ground cost about the same and no one has even bought one of copy of the 10$ version on Amazon so I imagine a 100$ version would be 10 times less popular. Your book looks gorgeous though and that's what makes us happy!

T' said...

Believe it or not, one crazy person actually did order a copy, even though I tried to talk her out of it. That being said, I was happy just having the one copy for me in existence. I'm sorry your book didn't do well. I know the feeling. It's so hard to find an audience. I'm still proud of the work. I hope you are of yours, too.

Behemoth media said...

If I had the cash I would buy one too! So it's not that crazy! My book in Amazon is less than 10$, maybe too cheap for anyone to take it seriously. I really like the book so that's important too.