Wednesday, August 05, 2015

I haven't done a page in this comic for a bit. I get distracted, things come up, there's travel, etc. I want to get this done, though, partially because I want to include it in a volume like that I did for Tamino that will collect all the short story comics I've done up til now. As I've mentioned before, this comic has changed direction quite a bit since starting it. I'm starting to wonder if that's just how I work, that spontaneity is a part of my process. This comic, originally meant to be a snapshot, not unlike "Sound and Fury," illustrating the lack of grandeur in the lives of these characters, is now more about death, grieving and the inability of (specifically male) characters to express their feelings. The little captions at the bottom of the page, originally designed to help my partner be able to read the comic and then used to somewhat comedic effect will now be instrumental in how the story finishes. Now, I just have to finish it.

No comments: