Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Haven't posted in a while due to illness. I'm really slowing down which bothers me. But today I worked quite a few hours on these. This is meant to be the next print in a series or something like that. The end result is meant to be something about 16x20, or in this case, 20x16. The print will be called, "The Comic Store," and is based, as mentioned last post, in my own alma mater, The Picnic. I changed Digby's style to one that's far more stylized as it felt more like what I wanted to do. Digby himself is already kind of stylized, but I wanted to take him further. I -think- I'm going to keep the lines for the background as well, as it adds an overall shabbiness that I want to capture from the photo. Everything is meant to feel lived in, moreso than the last print. These things take a really long time to do, but there's something really satisfying about it, too. Didn't want to make the covers of the books too specific; like the city of Tamino, and Lucco, I didn't want them to be any particular comics, the shop, really to have to be in any specific place. Still, coloring's going to be a bear. Fun, but a bear.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This is a lot of detail but it doesn't look too precise. It still have vert rough edges, nothing is exactly straight or square... just like the actual Picnic!

T' said...

Thanks, Vince, as always. :"D