Tuesday, August 16, 2016

So there's this. Did a strip just to see how hard it was to do. Very hard indeed. The composition's off and I really don't do lettering that well. In this case, the AI lettering isn't that good but adequate at best. I like the idea and writing of the strip. It has HEAVY Peanuts influence, which is intentional, and a bit of meta to it as well. The rest of the images are sketches, some of character designs, some of re-draws from the strip which are, of course, better than the drawings IN the strip. Ah, well. Likely won't go too much further with this, just use the characters in the Party Line comic but they're fun to draw and sometimes it's just about the joy of drawing and nothing else.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Very peanuts! I like the bird the best in this, I think because the other looks a little too detailed for peanuts-like strip. (when would you think I would ever say something was TOO detailed? LOL) I love his expression, though. My next cartoon character in 3D will based on your bird ideas I think. I think I can pull off the fingers/feathers now.

T' said...

I could easily pull back some detail on the coyote, most notably in the little hairs drawn. The hands on the crow are a pain in the ass, and the most fluidly designed aspect. If you want to try and animate the bird, good luck. Look at those feet!

Behemoth media said...

I made and rigged a dod bird at some point with similar feet so I think I can pull it off. Famous last words!