Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Still doing this comic with some folks I know and some I don't. I keep changing styles (surprise!) but this one seems to have particularly tickled one of the guys I know least. I tried to have something both more structured and more cartoony, and kept the image rough so that it would be even more organic when through into Illustrator. Did the coloring there with the pencil tool so it wouldn't be tight. Didn't have much to say on this subject as I don't feel I do pay homage or parody anyone when I cartoon though I do TRY and absorb or even replicate styles. I'm just not very good at it. :"D

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I almost forgot you were still doing this! The inked but not coloured versions I really like, but ink with pencil lines always gets me interested. I was wondering what on earth you were up to as you hadn't posted. I am lost in my animation but I should post something myself.

T' said...

Just for you I made a post with the pencil lines still in. :"D What is it about the pencil lines you like so much in art? As for this comic, it's because the others involved were slow for various real life reasons. I'm usually pretty fast when I'm up.