Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Did I start a new comic? I don't know... but if I do much more planning on this, I won't do it. So I took a page from my professional comic artist pad and drew out what could be the first page of Silent City. Like Tamino, I don't want to use panels or word balloons. When I see Scott McCloud next week, I will ask him if this means it's a comic or not, because I can. Place and time will be indicated by props and color only. Here I've posted the inked page with the penciled graffiti still there. The inks will be the usual character, the pencil is just there to make the graffiti in Illustrator. After all this, I'll make the lettering for the lyrics. I had a talk with an artist friend who made a good suggestion; shoe Silas either painting the lyrics or painting over them. Make that a shtick. So I likely will. Anyway, the second image is as far as I got coloring tonight. WIP. Here's hoping.

No comments: