Monday, December 26, 2016

I am indeed home sick. I've missed two out of the last four holiday seasons for being sick. At least this time I managed to get just through before succumbing. Stupid colds.

Was re-watching a documentary last night, "Cartoon College" about the school in Vermont that has a two year MFA program. It's a good film and makes me want to draw, though it also makes me think of all the people I know in the biz and my large pile of generally unread comics. With Silas coming up, I really need to spend some time in the coming year to get up a new website and to try and get out to some cons to GET people to read them. Also have to look into getting things printed as people want to have stuff to buy. A personal goal, perhaps. Anyway, felt I had to get something done, even if I have zero energy. I think, more than other pages, with this one you can tell that I drew it first and am just filling in the words. I did draw this when I was sick earlier but there really wasn't room for all of what's going through my head. I ought to take these comics more seriously, even if I only do six a year. There's also a growing feeling that I can't use these for repositories of my depression and doubts as people reading them have taken me to task about that. So it might be that I do some pages for this and not post them as I feel the comic should be a place where I can say what I want and not worry about what others are thinking about it. If that's compromised, the whole point of the comic has no point. And hell, I've been doing it for nearly six years now. I actually look forward to changing the style and the color.

No comments: