Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Another piece from the job. Yup, I got paid to do this while working at the Apple store. I give demos on the iPad pro generally using Pro-create and an Apple Pencil. This is the third try because today, for whatever reason, paint wasn't working for me. So I penciled this while talking to people about art for about an hour. It's got some problems, not least of which is that there's too much space in the cheeks. That being said, I'm happy with it as a sketch and really, this setup is pretty damned tempting. I could make tons of art like this as throw aways, things done just for the joy of drawing and painting with no other need.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

the iPad pro and pencil (my brother has them - he doesn't draw - he just likes to have expensive things) seems a great way to sketch while away and on the road with out needing pencil paper, eraser, sharpeners and all that. Plus you can import what you like to another program and refine from there.you get to draw at work! How cool is that?

T' said...

It is cool. I don't expect it to last. We're at a slow point right now so I get a lot of co-workers coming around to see what I'm doing but for some reason customers don't.

Behemoth media said...

do you have one of those big screens in the store where people can see you creating the image on it? I can't imagine that wouldn't get attention! To be fair, I'm not a good judge of what people want to look at...