Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Doesn't THIS look familiar? I've been looking at some other inspiration for the Silas comic. Things were feeling a little stale and I was trying to get back to what the original plan was. Stuff that's been making itself known to me includes the movie, "Bell, Book and Candle," at least the little Beatnik club in it, some of the Japanese woodblock prints that are hanging right over my computer, and a book on Japanese Graffiti I just got in the mail. The latter mostly proves that their graffiti isn't all that different than that in the west. There is a cool documentary that comes with it, and the music, mostly trance/electronica will prove valuable when drawing pages. This version of Howard is not only a lot more loose but a lot more like -I- draw as opposed to how I think I should. Since this comic is really for me, why shouldn't I go back to the brush I love and make it something I will enjoy? This layout is WAY too dull for what I want but at least the figure and its colors is closer to what I have in mind. Now the challenge will be to stay loose and let things flow...

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

You must be the only person who uses "Bell Book and Candle " as artistic inspiration! The lines a re a lot more free in this one!